The Corner Surgery is committed to improving the experience of using the surgery for our patients and their carers, wherever possible.
On this page, we will list recent examples of where your valuable feedback has helped us to make the improvements you wanted.
New Appointments System (July 2017)
- We are experiencing: increased demand for appointments and more work being moved from hospitals to GPs
- Patients are reporting: difficulty getting through on the telephone and fewer appointments available when you do
- Therefore, the following changes were made to keep the system as fair as possible, whilst prioritising those who are more unwell:
- More pre-bookable appointments available - please ring after 9:30am or use Patient Access online
- On the day appointments available from 8:30am by telephone only to ensure that
- Patients have similar access to these appointments
- Receptionists are available to answer the telephone
- You may be asked if your problem is urgent for today and the reason for your appointment, to ensure that
- We prioritise the patients who are most unwell
- We deal with your problem in the most appropriate way
New Telephone System (July 2018)
- You Said: "the practice is let down by difficulty making an appointment by telephone"
- We Listened: the practice's partners purchased a new telephone system, which means:
- We can handle more calls at a time
- If all our phone lines are busy, your call may be placed in a queue
- Your call may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes
Please see our News Item for more information on the new telephone system.
New Website Launch (November 2018)
- You Said: "the practice's website is disorganised and out of date"
- We Listened: the practice commissioned a brand new website:
- It has a much more modern look
- All of the information within has been updated
- There are links to trusted health resources and self-care advice
We hope that our new website can be a first port of call when one of our patients needs advice about their health and wellbeing.
Addition to the Clinical Team (October 2020)
- You Said: in the National Patient Survey, patients were less happy about the experience of making an appointment
- We Listened: we have employed an Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP), Carol Thornton, to work alongside the GPs:
- This means we have more clinical appointments available daily, reducing the potential wait for an appointment
- We no longer need to employ locum GPs to cover leave, which should improve the continuity of patient care
- Our ANP has particular experience in urgent care, allowing the GPs more time to focus on more complex cases
Mrs Thornton is highly-trained and experienced at assessing, diagnosing and treating many medical problems. This development should enhance patient access at the surgery & improve the experience of making an appointment. Welcome to the surgery, Carol!