Our Patient Participation Group (PPG) has been established for a number of years. The group is made up of several volunteer patients, our Assistant Practice Manager (Mrs Jane Mills) and one of our GP Partners (Dr David Smith). It meets regularly during the year to discuss the services we offer, and how improvements can be made for the benefit of patients and the practice.
PPGs can play a number of roles, including:
- Advising the practice on the patient perspective
- Organising health promotion events
- Communicating with the wider patient body
- Running volunteer services and support groups to meet local needs
- Carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice (and their carers)
- Influencing the practice or the wider NHS to improve commissioning
- Fundraising to improve the services provided by the practice
We believe that a strong relationship between patients and the practice is critical to the provision of high quality care. Feedback from our PPG has already been instrumental in us making changes to our appointments, purchasing a new telephone system and commissioning this website. If you would like to join our PPG, please contact our Assistant Practice Manager, Mrs Jane Mills.